Bank Teller Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by completing account transactions.
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments, cashing checks, issuing savings withdrawals, and recording night and mail deposits.
- Sells cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, and series e bonds.
- Answers questions in person or on the telephone and refers customers to other bank services as necessary.
- Records transactions by logging cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, and other special services; preparing currency transaction reports.
- Cross-sells bank products by answering inquiries, informing customers of new services and product promotions, ascertaining customers’ needs, and directing customers to a branch representative.
- Completes special requests by closing accounts, taking orders for checks, opening and closing Christmas and vacation clubs, exchanging foreign currencies, completing safe-deposit box procedures, and providing special statements, copies, and referrals.
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions, counting, and packaging currency and coins.
- Reconciles loan coupons and other transactions.
- Maintains supply of cash and currency and turns in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions, maintaining customer traffic surveys, auditing other tellers’ currency, and assisting in certification of proof.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bank Teller Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
- General math skills
- Verbal communication
- Selling to customer needs
- People skills
- Financial skills
- Financial software
- Documentation skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Six months of consecutive customer service experience in financial services, retail sales, or a goal-oriented environment preferred
- Prior supervisory or management experience is a plus
Seven Energy is known to be one of the top recruitment and job placement companies in Bahrain, providing skilled and unskilled resources to Fortune500 companies, SMEs, and growing startups since 2021. Apart from the various services offered by us, we, we make sure that we take care of our recruits from the on-boarding to the off-boarding at a company. Seven Energy (recruitment agencies in bahrain) is proudly operating under the leadership and vision of Promoseven Holdings.