Collector Job Responsibilities:
Use this section to share a comprehensive list of the responsibilities so collectors know what to expect and can determine whether they have the necessary skills. For example, you might be looking for a collector who:
- Works with coworkers to set debt collection strategies.
- Leads the debt collection process for assigned customers.
- Contacts customers by phone, email, and mail to recover a debt.
- Keeps detailed notes and records of all communications and actions.
- Answers questions customers have about billing statements.
- Negotiates partial repayments and payment plans when possible.
- Keeps track of payment due dates and sends reminders.
- Updates the account status when the debt has been paid.
- Investigates billing errors and disputes and follows up with customers.
- Sends necessary paperwork to customers and credit bureaus promptly.
- Maintains confidentiality and the utmost discretion.
- Collaborates with lawyers if legal action is required.
- Uses debt collection software, skip tracing software, and public records databases.
- Complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as company policies.
Collector Qualifications and Skills:
Use these sections of your collector job description to share the necessary and preferred requirements so candidates know whether they’ll be considered qualified. For example, you may want to include the following:
- Collaborates with coworkers and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Excels at customer service and negotiation and stays calm and professional.
- Learns quickly and has strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Communicates effectively and has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well independently and has strong project management and organization skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least [number] years of collections, customer service, or sales experience is required.
- A Professional Collection Specialist (PCS) designation or higher from The Association of Credit and Collection Professionals is strongly preferred.
Seven Energy is known to be one of the top recruitment and job placement companies in Bahrain, providing skilled and unskilled resources to Fortune500 companies, SMEs, and growing startups since 2021. Apart from the various services offered by us, we, we make sure that we take care of our recruits from the on-boarding to the off-boarding at a company. Seven Energy (recruitment agencies in bahrain) is proudly operating under the leadership and vision of Promoseven Holdings.