Mail Carrier Job Responsibilities:
- Delivers letters, documents, and parcels to businesses and homes.
- Travels planned routes on foot or by truck.
- Collects outgoing mail along the route, and when necessary, collects money for postage due.
- Sorts mail, including packages, according to delivery sequence.
- Loads sacks and boxes filled with mail onto and off mail truck.
- Maintains logs to monitor delivery rates and vehicle maintenance schedule.
- Obtains signatures on registered, insured, and certified mail.
- Sells stamps, money orders, and other postal products to customers along routes, particularly on rural routes.
- Communicates with dispatcher and modifies route according to instructions when needed.
- Answers questions about USPS or company policies from customers along routes.
- Provides change-of-address cards and other postal forms.
- Operates postal equipment.
Mail Carrier Qualifications/Skills:
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina and strength
- Integrity and respect for confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to read and understand English with a high degree of proficiency
- Good communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Depending on the route, must be able to lift and carry heavy sacks of mail and walk long distances
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old, or 16 with a high school diploma
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must have some recent employment status
- Adequate score on USPS carrier assessment, which will be sent as an email from one of the USPS assessment vendors after the candidate has completed their online application
- Driver’s license and clean driving record if applicable to the position desired
- Must pass a background check, drug screening, and medical assessment
- Must be registered for Selective Service as required by law
Seven Energy is known to be one of the top recruitment and job placement companies in Bahrain, providing skilled and un-skilled resources to Fortune500 companies, SME’s, and growing startups since 2021. Apart from the various services offered by us, we, we make sure that we take care of our recruits from the on-boarding to the off-boarding at a company. Seven Energy (recruitment agencies in bahrain) is proudly operating under the leadership and vision of Promoseven Holdings.