Mail Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Retrieves and sorts mail, including packages, by department and category.
- Delivers mail to correct department or recipient.
- Forwards misdirected mail.
- Prepares documents and other items for shipping.
- Weighs mail and calculates correct postage.
- Uses mail sorting and postage meter machines.
- Fills out mailing labels, including researching proper country codes for international mail and regional zip codes for domestic mail.
- Arranges pickup from postal service and other delivery vendors.
- Records arrival of mail.
- Tracks packages and records arrival of mail.
- Maintains records of mail volume, package weights, and shipping costs.
- Maintains the inventory of mailroom supplies.
- Operates office equipment.
- Disposes of junk mail.
Mail Clerk Qualifications/Skills:
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidentiality and privacy
- Clear handwriting
- Ability to read and understand a wide range of materials
- Typing, computing, and data entry skills
- Good communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience working in an office setting
- Previous mailroom or clerical experience a plus
Seven Energy is known to be one of the top recruitment and job placement companies in Bahrain, providing skilled and unskilled resources to Fortune500 companies, SMEs, and growing startups since 2021. Apart from the various services offered by us, we, we make sure that we take care of our recruits from the on-boarding to the off-boarding at a company. Seven Energy (recruitment agencies in bahrain) is proudly operating under the leadership and vision of Promoseven Holdings.